12.17.2007

On the 8th Day of Christmas

Baz's school held its annual christmas party. For someone who did not particularly like crowds and strangers, Baz was strangely looking forward to it. Truth be told, I was hesitant to go.

The Incredible Pups, Baz's class, was to perform the 12 Days of Christmas. I brought Baz to the room where the kids were practicing and asked if they were expected to perform the whole song.... Yes... I was worried but figured that Teachers Maiya, Julie and Erica had a game plan.

Surprise, surpise! Baz walked onto the makeshift stage - and stayed there! He even counted each day of christmas with his fingers, all the while moving his arm to the beat of the music.



I could not help the tears that welled in my eyes. Teachers Gabby, Maiya, Julie and Erica were also very proud and rushed to hug him - which made him cry but only for a short while. Baz does not like clapping or attention - and he got both - but he truly truly deserved it.

No comments: