12.12.2007

From Auntie Genni

When I was with Baz in Gramma's condo, he was talking about death. He said, "When you reach 100, you will die." Wondering where he got this number, I told him that there were people in Greece who lived past a hundred, that there are people who live up to 110, 115. He asked, "What's Greece?" so I told him that Greece is a country in Europe and that he should look for it in his globe. Then I told him that you don't have to die when you reach 100 and that you don't die if you don't want to die. He said, "I don't want to die yet" so I said, "That's why you won't die." Baz then went on to explain his concept of death. He said, "When you die you will become nothing, you will become ZERO, you will become nothing, you will become zero." Hearing this from him, I thought, oh my gosh, this boy is a genius, that's a buddhist concept! While I was still marveling at his idea of death, he continued, "You will become MANY ZEROS, you will become nothing!" Amazing! He equated infinity with nothing. So I posed a question and said, " If there are many zeros, then that's not nothing, that's many things, it's everything." He thought about it and seemed to absorb the concept but probably couldn't make sense of it yet so he just said, "Okay, there will be only one zero."

4 comments:

rek said...

d bratz should not encourage this nihilist mode..duh...somebody tell this kid about heaven and being with Jesus, which is everything not nothing!!!!

Anonymous said...

The kid is Little Buddha. Expect monks to come knocking on your door. ;P

Anonymous said...

i knew weester wouldn't approve...

Malou said...

Baz knows about heaven. He knows about Jesus too. I remember even before Hadrien was born, Baz asked me where Jesus was and we said Jesus was in heaven and that He was everywhere. He then proceeded to ask us, "is He here, how about there?", "why can't I see Jesus?" and a whole lot of other questions quite difficult to explain to a toddler.