6.28.2007

Update on "No Free Lunch"

Yes!

We've managed to get Baz to eat lunch with his classmate. It wasn't easy but here's how...

Day 1, Monday, I dropped by during lunch. After much teasing, convincing (ok, ok, I admit, a threatening look and words to match), I finally got Baz to eat in the library while I read "The Green Fox" by Eric Carle to him (it was, after all, a good book!). Every now and then, Baz would say, "I don't want them to see" or "I don't want to finish it".

Day 2, Tuesday, I stopped by for lunch again, this time with a pack of marshmallows for him to enjoy and eat with his classmates on condition that he take his meal in the classroom with his teachers and friends. It worked! He ate, shared his marshmallows, and even picked on his Isabelle's muffins and teacher's cereals.

Today, Day 3, the deal was that I wouldn't be coming over for lunch but that I would pick him up... So.... he did eat with his teachers and classmates - 2 whole pieces of tiny marshmallows - but that's enough for me.

I'm happy that in 3 days, he has progressed. Now, how do I get him to eat lunch? I'm not too worried or stressed out anymore though. That shuttling back and forth the office paid off! Thanks Teacher Maiya!

1 comment:

Malou said...

I spoke too soon... we're back to not eating lunch in school.