6.17.2007

I wish I could be invisible sometimes

Woke up this morning to the sound of the two boys having a conversation. This was around 9am - Hadrien and I had awoke at 6am (he's ALWAYS the first one up), then I drifted off to sleep again after getting him out of his wet diaper and taking him to the breakfast table.

This time they were fooling around with their two Mr. Potatoheads - "Mitah Head" according to Hadrien. They've got the Darth Tater version (that's Mr. Potatohead dressed as Darth Vader) and a Mr. Potatohead disguise kit. So Hadrien was going through each of the pieces, asking Baz each time, "Wat dis?", "Wat dat?", and Baz was patiently explaining that this was a mustache, that one a nose, and so forth.

I was hiding beneath my pillow so they wouldn't know they were being observed. I wonder how many just-the-two-of-them conversations we've missed simply because the dynamic between them changes in the presence of adults. Makes you wish you could be invisible, to just watch them at play.

No comments: