4.28.2008

Day 1 of Baz and Mommy's Trip

Baz travelled superbly. He buckled his seatbelt instantly while saying that the seatbelts in the plane are much better than that of his carseat. He ate most of what I required him to eat on the plane (fish sticks, apple slices, an oatmeal bar). No luck though with the potato salad and spaghetti with meat sauce which I decided not to push. He said "thank you" when helped. He carried his backpack (he tried to get out of it though by saying he can't wear his jacket AND carry his backpack). There was no crying or tantrums. I called him my little traveller, which he liked a lot.

His excitement shone through when he would repeatedly ask me while we were at the CX lounge whether we were already on the plane. And then when we were on the plane, he would repeatedly ask "Are we in America". He got to watch Jungle Book 2 and squealed loudly several times. The "ST" word must have been spoken, as I heard him exclaim "gotcha!" a couple of times (he watched the movie 3 times). He fell asleep twice - thank goodness! After the first round which allowed me to snooze at the same time, I promised him that if he sleeps, we would land soon after he wakes up. True enough, I had to wake him so that I could fasten his seatbelt.

No, he did not shout at strangers but was very wary of other people. He did say "hi" to the immigration officer and a 3 year old running out of the elevators at Maribel's apartment though.

Baz is now soundly asleep. He's tired and misses his brother a lot. I think he said "I miss Hadrieni" at least 5 times during the last 21 hours. To emphasize how much he misses Hadrien, he said "I miss him so very so very very so very very many much!" And I'm 100% sure he means it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i miss baz and hadrieni so very so very many very very very much!