5.18.2009

Things the Kids Say

When I told Hadrien he couldn't watch DVDs and that I would throw them away if he insisted on watching them, he said, "God made DVDs. He will get mad if you throw them away."

I asked him to practice spelling and reading, and spelled out the word CAT with his letters. He then turned that around into C-T-D-A. When I asked him what that read, he said, "Legaspi Market."

(From Raffy's notes)
___

Baz was scolding Hadrien tonight for wasting food at dinner i.e. he didn't finish his dinner.
Baz: "I don't like you Hadrien, you were wasteful." "You were praying for the baby in Ethiopia but you were wasteful with food Hadrien. You weren't working for it Hadrien even if you were praying for it."
Daddy: "That's a good message for Hadrien Baz."
Hadrien: "NO! That's not a good message. I"ll crumple it."

(From Raffy's notes)
___

At Christmas mass Hadrien was the coin bearer, and was sitting in the front row with a full view of the proceedings. When I explained to Hadrien that Jesus was with us during communion, but then he saw the priest putting the Monstrance into the tabernacle, he asked, "Are they baking Him?"

(From Raffy's notes)
---

Hadrien has a knack for identifying flags. At age 3, he could tell you the flags for the Philippines, US, Canada, Morocco, Canada, Cambodia, Somalia, Libya, Palau, Israel, Greece, India, Germany, Switzerland, Ireland, Italy, UK, Australia, Vietnam, Czech Republic, France and many more I can't remember. His fascination started after Papa bought them shirts and caps with the Vietnamese flags.

One night, I was testing them on what they remembered and was surprised to find out that he had anecdotes for some countries:

Canada: That's where Barack Obama is! (Just that week, Obama made his first state visit to Canada).

Cambodia: That's where the bad people are (Since trial started that week against Pol Pot)

Spain: That's where the rain is (The rain in Spain falls mainly in the plains?)

_______

It's not just because I'm a proud momma - but I do think that Baz is able to handle algebra at such an early age. Every now and then, he'd say things like, "11 more days till Hadrien's birthday!" Or "10 more minutes and it will be 11:41". But the past few days, he expressed algebraic equations which I never thought my precious 6 year old, smart as he is, was capable of.

1. Hadrien, you know, your age was my age two years ago. (Hadrien just turned 4, while Baz had turned 6 the month before.)

2. Baz: Mommy, is the Subaru older than Hadrien?

Mommy: No.

Baz: Hadrien, we bought the Subaru when you were 2! (It took me a while to put everything together. We bought the car in 2007. Hadrien was born in 2005. So yes, he was 2 then!)

3. Ariana is 4 years older than me because in July, she turns 10!

No comments: