10.27.2007

Leaving and Missing the Boys

I've been at the airport lounge for over an hour now - tired, sleepy and annoyed that I have another 1 and 3/4 hours of wait left. Now I wish I didn't follow the "3 hours before scheduled departure" rule. That would have bought me more time, hugs and kisses with/from the boys who understand that I'm leaving - but weren't told how long I would be away.

Instead, I'm stuck here with a guy who's been on his phone incessantly repeating himself - "we may lose this battle, but not the war"; "we are prepared to lose $2M than risk an event of default"; "this case is only worth $2M; but we stand to lose the technology worth tens of millions of dollars"; "the amount is mind-boggling!; "but what about our reputation?". The weird part was that he was very calm the whole time. Almost talking in a sing-song manner. Oh... he finally ended his call.

So, back to the boys. The plan was for the boys to come with us to the airport. Last night, Baz said he wanted to. But he was asleep when I left. Hadrien, on the other hand, woke up at around 6 am - ran out of the room and asked for assistance to pee. He then went to Yaya Andora and asked for milk. "Yaya, I want milka milka. I'm till teeping. Wuk at my eyes, they're till cosed oh" Priceless! I will really miss those two, ok, three!

I wish I didn't have to finish up with work before I left so that I could have played with the kids more. I wish I had more time to attend to Raffy whose cough got progressively worse - probably due to the construction in our hallway. Oh well...

At least I got to see the boys in their costumes last Thursday. I promised to allow Raffy to blog about it. But at least you can see the pictures here. Thanks to Yaya Andora who managed to make sure their "gowns" were completed in 2 days! Thanks to my parents for getting us those igorot vests more than 30 years ago - they're still alive and have been used at least twice already. Thanks to Dad for getting the head cover from Pakistan that Hadrien is wearing. And me - for the Fez that I got Baz in Turkey. Oh, and thanks to Raffy for not doubting that the costumes will come out as nice as they did :)

2 comments:

rek said...

Cute photos....Baz and Hadrien are dressed as "morokhans" hahahaha not moroccans hahahaha....

Anonymous said...

will you quit it with the puns, "khanterbury"?!